The American University Library cooperates with unaffiliated, on-campus library collections in order to make their content more accessible to the university community. These projects support the campus collections by expanding each collection's presence as an educational resource while also supporting the mission of American University Library to engage with other offices on campus in new and positive ways.
Career Center Resource Library
The Career Center Resource Library has approximately 600 books and periodicals. The majority of the collection can be checked out for 4 weeks, with the exception of a small number of reference items. AU students, alumni, faculty and staff can obtain and return the materials at the Career Center, and any fines accrued can be paid at the University Library. Two computers and a printer are available (printing is limited to 10 pages of career-related materials).
- Borrowing: AU students, staff, faculty and alumni. Four week checkout on most items.
- Contact/Location: firstname.lastname@example.org; (202) 885-1804; Butler Pavilion, 5th Floor;
Center for Language Exploration, Acquisition & Research (CLEAR) Resource Collection
CLEAR holds approximately 3,300 foreign language items which include films, textbooks, audio books, workbooks, dictionaries and self-teaching materials. The collection is searchable through the WRLC catalog. We welcome suggestions for new materials; just contact us and let us know what you'd be interested in. We are always looking to expand the collection, so if you have materials related to language or linguistics that you would like to donate, please contact us or stop by the Center. Contributions to our collections are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- Borrowing: AU students, staff and faculty. 14 day checkout on books, 7 days on DVDs, and 3 hours for reference items.
- Contact/Location: email@example.com; (202) 885-2357; Anderson Hall, Room B-10
Visual Resource Center Collection
The Visual Resources Center contains an extensive collection of images in support of the fine arts programs at American University. This includes over 21,000 high resolution digital images, 100,000 slides, and approximately 2,800 books on visual arts and artists.
- Borrowing: The VRC collections can be used on site only. Digital collections are available to AU faculty for teaching purposes.
- Contact/Location: firstname.lastname@example.org; (202) 885-1675; Katzen Arts Center, Room 142;
Alper Initiative for Washington Art Book Collection at the American University Museum
The Alper Book Collection contains about 200 books about Washington-area artists.
- Borrowing: The Alper Collection can be used on site only. All are welcome to peruse the books over a cup of coffee or tea during normal museum hours.
- Contact/Location: email@example.com; (202) 885-3672; Katzen Arts Center, American University Museum;