Looking to contribute to help enhance our Center's programs and services?
Your generosity will contribute to the following programs & services:
- Our prospective student program (Spectrum) that will connect current students with prospective first-year and transfer students;
- The creation of a Speaker Series to bring scholars, activists, and community organizers who affirm and celebrate our communities;
- Our Safe Space and Trans 101 programs that educate students, staff, faulty, and alumni on LGBTQ issues;
- Increasing the number of volumes in our Resource Library to include newer books, films and other relevant publications;
- Travel support for student leaders to attend national LGBTQ conferences;
- Our Rainbow Speaker’s Bureau program that trains our LGBTQ students and allied members to lead panels about their experiences in the LGBTQ community;
- The creation of our LGBTQ Scholarship Fund!
The Center for Diversity & Inclusion is striving to continue the support and expansion of these excellent programs, continue the growth of LGBTQ students on campus as vibrant and affirming members of the university community, and continue to provide students a safe campus that encounters less hostility and bias.
Please know you are directly helping to continue the mission and vision of the Center for Diversity & Inclusion and its programs for future generation of students, faculty, staff, and alums. Additionally, you are ensuring that AU is living up to its promise of individual acceptance and encouragement for academic success.
You may make a donation online by going to the Alumni Donation Page, and by designating your funds to go to GLBTA Programs, under Campus Life. If you would like to mail a check, you can send it to:
Director, Center for Diversity & Inclusion
4400 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Mary Graydon Center, Room 201
Washington, DC 20016
Donors may choose to endow particular program of special interest to them, or contribute to the general fund. If you would like to explore opportunities for an endowed and named award, scholarship or other programs, please contact Sara Bendoraitis.
If writing a check, in the memo line write GLBTA Programs, LGBTQ Scholarship, etc.
Join the Alumni Listserv!
Would you like to be kept informed about LGBTQ campus happenings even if you graduated from American University two, twenty, or forty years ago? If you join the alumni listserv, you will receive periodic mailings to let you know of campus developments and invite you to campus and LGBTQ alumni events.
If you are interested in getting more involved in the Center for Diversity & Inclusion as an American University alumni please let us know. Do you want to help plan GLBT alumni events? Do you have skills or resources you could lend to the center or to a LGBTQ student group on campus? Do you have books or videos you would like to donate to our library? Contact us, and we're happy to talk with you about how you can help the Center for Diversity & Inclusion.
*Get the up to date information on what's happening in AU's LGBTQ community with our Lambda Alumni newsletter, put out each semester through our LGBTQ Alumni listserv.
- Go to alumniassociation.american.edu for more information.