Staying connected to AU
We are always appreciative of the contributions and ongoing support from our alumni! Your generosity will contribute to the following programs & services:
- The Summer Transition Enrichment Program (STEP)
- Emerging Scholars Mentorship Program, a year-long mentor program which pairs incoming multicultural and first-generation freshmen with current sophomores, juniors, and seniors;
- The creation of a Speaker Series to bring scholars, activists, and community organizers who affirm and celebrate our communities;
- Our campus education programs that educate students, staff, faulty, and alumni on multicultural and first-generation issues;
- Increasing the number of volumes in our Gender and Sexuality Library to include newer books, films and other relevant publications;
- Travel support for student leaders to attend national conferences;
The Center for Diversity & Inclusion continues to support and expand these excellent programs in an effort to empower our students to become vibrant and affirming members of the university community.
Please know you are directly helping to continue the mission and vision of the Center for Diversity & Inclusion and its programs for future generation of students, faculty, staff, and alums. Additionally, you are ensuring that AU is living up to its promise of individual acceptance and encouragement for academic success.
You may make a donation online by going to the Alumni Donation Page, and by designating your funds to go to Multicultural Affairs, under Campus Life. If you would like to mail a check, you can send it to:
Director, Center for Diversity & Inclusion
4400 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Mary Graydon Center, Room 201
Washington, DC 20016
Donors may choose to endow particular program of special interest to them, or contribute to the general fund. If you would like to explore opportunities for an endowed and named award, scholarship or other programs, please contact Tiffany Speaks (email@example.com).
If writing a check, in the memo line write Multicultural Affairs.
Join the Alumni Listserv!
Would you like to be kept informed about multicultural and first-generation campus happenings, even if you graduated from American University two, twenty, or forty years ago? If you join the alumni listserv, you will receive periodic mailings to let you know of new developments and invite you to campus and alumni events.
If you are interested in getting more involved in the Center for Diversity & Inclusion as an American University alumni please let us know. Do you want to help plan multicultural or first-generation alumni events? Do you have skills or resources you could lend to the center or to a multicultural student group on campus? Do you have books or videos you would like to donate to our library? Contact us, and we're happy to talk with you about how you can help the Center for Diversity & Inclusion.
Stay Informed*Get connected with AU's Alumni Online Community!!
- Go to alumniassociation.american.edu for more information.