- Tuition for summer classes including a Pre-College Writing Seminar (mandatory for all STEP participants, regardless of AP credit) and an additional three credit, graded A-F course which will count towards university core requirements.
- Housing (on-campus housing is mandatory for all STEP participants)
- Free meal plan for the summer and Eagle Bucks which can be used at various on and off campus locations
- On-campus tutoring and referrals to other campus academic support services
- Workshops and university-sponsored extracurricular activities
- Use of AU's academic, athletic, and recreational facilities
(Students will be responsible for some meals, transportation, and personal expenses while attending STEP)
Students are required to live in the university's residence halls during STEP (weekend visits home are allowed). Undergraduate STEP Assistants also live in the halls to assist students in their transition to AU and to create a living and learning environment comparable to what students will encounter during the academic year. Roommates are paired based on interests, hobbies, sleeping habits, and extracurricular activities, which students share on the STEP Registration Form. You will receive your roommate assignment by early June, along with your room assignment and other important check-in information.
- Make sure to fill out your CSS Profile and FAFSA no later than 1/15/2022 (for regular decision students). For any other inquires click here to visit the Financial Aid website.
- Review your Financial Aid letter and make sure you understand what are your financial options.
- Contact AU Central if you have any questions regarding your financial aid package, payment plans, or doubts about any other financial piece.
- Accept your financial aid package and make sure you understand the terms and conditions of the university For more information, please email financial aid: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you plan to attend STEP and AU, please complete your Enrollment Agreement form through Admissions by May 1st.
- Complete the STEP Registration Form by completing our Online Form.
- All health insurance and immunization forms should be submitted to the Student Health Center prior to arriving to campus for STEP. You may either enroll in the AU Student Health Insurance Plan or use a plan of your choice. Students with non-AU insurance should bring a copy of their insurance card. Learn more about the student insurance requirements and contact the Student Health Center with any questions or concerns.
- Make sure to bring your personal items, such as an alarm clock, a desk lamp, hangers, an iron, linens, pillows, a radio, toiletries, towels, and shower shoes.
- Family members who are attending Eagle Summit will need to register by emailing email@example.com. For more information on Eagle Summit please refer to the orientation office website by clicking here.
- Review your email account regularly and communicate any questions and/or concerns you may have to the Center for Diversity and Inclusion at 202-885-3651 or firstname.lastname@example.org.