Intern Housing Overview
American University is situated in an ideal location in the nation's capital. Located in northwest Washington, one of DC's most beautiful residential areas, AU is just minutes by bus, cab, Metro (subway), or car from the city's most famous sites. The American University free shuttle service connects the university to Washington's Metro Red Line at the Tenleytown-AU station, which is located just three-quarters of a mile from campus.
The intern housing program is available for any student visiting the Washington, DC area for an academic internship, educational program, or scholarly research. All applicants must be 18 years of age or older by their expected check-in date.
If you are a current American University student interested in summer housing, please visit the Summer Student Housing webpage.
Dates of Housing: May 27, 2018-August 11, 2018
To apply for summer Intern Housing, click here.
||May 28-August 11, 2018|
- Campus wide wireless internet access
- Complimentary access to the fitness center
- Complimentary shuttle service to the Tenleytown-AU metro station
- On-campus convenience store
- Zipcar conveniently located on campus
We make every effort to accommodate all roommate requests, but cannot guarantee requested assignments. Roommate pairs are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible and at the same time to ensure pairing.
AU has a strong commitment to the promotion of civility and the expectation that students and guests will act responsibly. University Conference & Guest Services supports and encourages the development of residential environments that complement these goals. Community standards have been established in the residence halls with a combination of the Student Conduct Code, specifically the Residence Hall Regulations, and the Housing License Agreement. In addition, University Conference & Guest Services collaborates with other campus offices to ensure that residents and guests live in an environment that enables them to achieve personal satisfaction and contribute to their community.
Rates & Payment Information
- A single occupancy bedroom in a shared Nebraska Hall Apartments cost $405.00/week
- Rates do not include the 14.8% D.C. Hotel Tax
- A six- week minimum stay is required
- Charges will not be prorated for late arrivals and early departures
Only credit card payments made through the online application will be accepted. Full payment is required at the time of application. Your application can only be confirmed once payment is received.
Cancellations: Cancellations must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org no less than fourteen (14) days prior to the requested check-in date. All cancellations must be made in writing to University Conference & Guest Services.
What To Bring
- Full sheets, pillows, and blankets
- Alarm clock
- Non-halogen desk lamp
- Surge protector
- Bath towls
- Shower shoes or flip flops
- Laundry bag and detergent
- Small vacuum
- Trash and recycling bins
- Dishes and glasses
- Eating utensils
- HD Compatible television and coaxial cable
What Not To Bring
- Steam vaporizers
- Pets, unless approved through Academic Support and Access Center
- Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Bed risers
- Halogen lamps
- Open-coil appliances (toasters, hot plates, space heaters, etc.)
- Grills, including George Foreman
- All candles and incense
- Extension cords
- Space heater
- Hot plates
- Electric kettle
Items restricted from use in your room:
These items may only be used in common area kitchens:
- Coffee maker, including Keurig
- Hot pot
- Popcorn popper
- Rice cooker
Media is processing