The Student Health Insurance Waiver Database for the 2014 spring semester is currently available.
Health insurance is required of all full-time degree, resident, and international students with F1 and J1 visas.
- If you fall into one of the required categories, the student health insurance premium ($1,030) is automatically assessed to your student account.
- The $1,030 premium can be removed from your account if you choose not to participate. In order to waive coverage you must provide proof of comparable coverage.
- If you elect to waive the student health insurance plan, you must do so before February 15, 2014.
HOW TO WAIVE THE STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN:
- Log onto https://myau.american.edu using your EagleNet ID and password. (Student portal access only.)
- Click on Life@AU and then click on Student Health Insurance Plan.
- Click on Waive Insurance.
- Complete the Required Information fields and click the submit button. Please note you need to complete a waiver every year you are in a required category. The expiration date of your policy will automatically be listed as August 2014.
- Confirmation will be sent to your AU email address. Please save this confirmation.
If you require assistance, please call the Student Health Center at (202)885-3380.