December 8, 2021
Dear AU Students,
As winter break approaches, please stay safe and help keep the community safe by ensuring that you’re following health protocols for testing and travel. If you haven’t yet done so, please take the opportunity during break to ensure you receive both your Covid-19 booster and flu shot.
Here are guidelines for winter break:
Before leaving campus:
- Get a Covid-19 test 1-3 days before you depart, if you are traveling outside the DC/Maryland/Virginia area.
- Remember: Anyone who tests positive for Covid-19 must isolate, as defined by the CDC, and cannot travel. On-campus students who test positive must move to isolation housing and not travel. Off-campus students will be expected to isolate in their current residence in the DMV area.
Booster and flu shots:
- Here’s where to find vaccine booster sites near you if you haven’t yet received your Covid-19 booster. As per CDC guidance, everyone over 18 should get a booster shot.
- After receiving your booster, please upload this documentation to your Student Health Portal, following these instructions.
- AU Abroad students: Remember that you are required to receive your Covid-19 booster at least two weeks before departure.
- Get your flu shot if you haven’t done so! Here’s where to find flu shot locations near you.
As always, we expect members of the AU community to follow all state, local, or international recommendations and requirements, including mask wearing and social distancing. Wear a mask if you’re in the company of others who are not fully vaccinated, or in crowded outdoor settings. If you have any symptoms of Covid-19, stay home and ask the same of others!
Any person who tests positive cannot travel and must isolate. If you live on campus and test positive, you must move to campus isolation housing. Any member of the community who is positive for Covid-19 cannot come to campus or travel until the isolation period ends.
AU travel guidelines follow the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Thank you for doing your part, and for your helping AU be a community of care. Have a safe and healthy holiday!
Vice President of Undergraduate Enrollment, Campus Life & Inclusive Excellence