Students who have an on-campus housing assignment may request to check in earlier than their residence hall opening date by submitting an Early Arrival Request Form. The Early Arrival Request Form must be submitted no later than Friday, August 3, 2018 at 5 p.m. There will be a $50.00 per person, per day charge posted to your Eagle Finance account for each day prior to your move-in date unless otherwise approved.
All requests are subject to approval based on specific circumstances and each student will be contacted directly regarding request status. Students approved for early arrival are not guaranteed to move directly into their fall housing assignment. Students may be assigned to a temporary space prior to moving into their fall assignment, depending upon room assignment and date of arrival.
Residence Hall Opening Dates for Fall 2018
- New students who are early arrivals, international students, and residents from DC, VA, MD, WV, DE, NJ, and PA: Check in between 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Friday, 8/17 at the assigned time.
- New students from all other locations: Check in between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday, 8/18 at the assigned time.
- Returning students: Check in beginning Wednesday, 8/22. Check in any time after residence halls open at 9 a.m.
Students in these programs should not complete an Early Arrival Request Form. They will be contacted directly by their supervisor or program regarding approval and dates of arrival, and should contact their program supervisor for more details.
- AU summer residents moving into on-campus assignments for the academic year
- Housing & Residence Life student staff
- Move-in volunteers
- AU student athletes arriving for pre-season team activities
- Dual Undergraduate Degree Program participants
- International students arriving for orientation or language testing
- Public Safety assistants
- SPA Leadership Program participants
- STEP students and mentors
Students who are scheduled to stay through Sunday, August 12, 2018 and who are transitioning to a fall housing assignment should not complete an Early Arrival Request Form. These students will be contacted to arrange the transition from summer assignment to academic year assignment.
- Students are required to be available to move to their academic year assignment on Sunday, August 12, 2018 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Students may be notified that they must move during the morning or during the afternoon, depending on specific circumstances
- Students must pay the daily summer rate for summer housing (or hold a summer staff position) through Sunday, August 12, 2018 in order to transition from summer to fall housing
- Summer students who pay the daily summer rate through the transition will not be subject to the additional nightly charge noted for the days between Sunday, August 12 and the start of the academic year
- Students who are unable to move from their summer assignment to their fall assignment on Sunday, August 12 will be required to move all belongings out of their summer assignment and then check back into their fall assignment according to the fall move-in dates
- Storage is not available from Housing & Residence Life
- All AU students who are living in AU summer housing but who will be living off-campus for the Fall 2018 must check out by 12 p.m. on Saturday, August 11, 2018.