- Current fall residents who want to change their assignment to a specific space for the spring semester to live with a specific student who will have an open space in their room for the spring semester. Requests are not accepted for fully open spaces.
- Current fall residents who do not have a specific space to request are not eligible to participate in this room change process, but can next request a room change through the open room change process starting Monday, January 27, 2020.
- The Fall to Spring Room Change Request Form is available now through 5 p.m. on November 13, 2019.
- If a requested space is not confirmed as vacant by November, 13, 2019, the request will be denied. Students can submit a new room change request during the open room change process starting Monday, January 27, 2020.
- Room change requests will be processed on a rolling basis with every student notified no later than November 15, 2019.
- Students who are approved will not be able to move into their new space until the spring semester. Students will need to remove all of their belongings and check out from their fall assignment by 12 p.m. on December 15, 2019.
Winter Break Storage is available for students from The UPS Store. This service is great for students who are changing rooms between fall and spring semesters or for those moving off-campus for the spring semester. The UPS Store is located on the campus of American University and has been storing student belongings since 1987. Learn all about Winter Break Storage and sign up today. Contact The UPS Store directly if you have questions or comments.
- Approved students can move into their new spring assignment between 3 p.m. on Sunday, January 5, 2020 and Sunday, January 12, 2020.
- Students should only submit requests for spaces they are eligible to reside in based on their residential classification.
- A request for a specific space cannot be approved if a vacancy does not exist. Be sure the student leaving the space has submitted their Housing Termination Form through their Housing Portal for the spring.
- Students should notify their roommate(s) if they are moving out of their fall assignment.
- Room changes may impact a students housing cost. Please review the housing rates before requesting a specific space.
- A new roommate notice will be issued in December.