The spring only housing application is available to students who are not living on-campus for the fall 2022 semester. Students with a fall 2022 housing assignment have already secured housing for the spring 2023 semester and do not need to complete this application.
Spring Only Housing Application
We're glad you're looking to join the AU residential community for the spring 2023 semester! On this page you'll learn about the process to request housing for the spring semester.
- The spring housing application is available between October 12, 2022 and January 17, 2023 on your AU Housing Portal.
- Students who complete a housing application after December 1 may not receive a housing assignment until the University re-opens from winter break on January 2, 2023.
- All communication regarding spring housing will be sent to your AU e-mail address.
- All students applying for spring housing are subject to the housing cancellation fee schedule as listed in the 2022-2023 Housing Lisence Agreement.
- Academic year housing costs are available on our Academic Year Rates page.
|If you apply by:||You will receive your assignment by:|
November 2, 2022
November 16, 2022
December 1, 2022
December 14, 2022
|December 2, 2022 or later||Assignments shared on a rolling basis and based on availability|
New Students Joining American University in Spring 2023
- New first-year students and transfer students must first complete a housing deposit with the Office of Admissions to recieve access to the housing application.
- New first-year and transfer students are guaranteed housing for the spring semester, provided that all application deadlines are met.
- The priority deadline to submit the housing application is Thursday, December 1, 2022.
Returning Students: Studying Abroad or on a Leave of Absence for the Fall 2022 Semester
- Students who participated in study abroad in fall 2022 are guaranteed housing for the spring semester, provided that all application deadlines are met.
- Students returning from a leave of absence during the fall 2022 semester are not guaranteed housing but are encouraged to apply if interested in living on-campus.
- Students commuting to campus for the fall 2022 semester are not guaranteed housing but are encouraged to apply if interested in living on-campus.
- The priority deadline to submit the housing application is Wednesday, November 2, 2022.
Can I request a roommate who is living on-campus for the fall semester?
- Yes, you will have an opportunity to request to live with a fall resident if a vacancy exists in their room for the spring semester.
Moving Off Campus - New Spring Occupant
A current or returning student (not new to the University for the spring semester, and not already living in on-campus housing during the Fall 2022 semester) who applies for and receives a housing assignment for Spring 2023, and cancels after December 1, 2022, will be responsible for the following cancellation fees:
|Before December 1, 2022||No Fee**|
|Between December 1, 2022 - December 16, 2022||$1,000|
|Between December 17, 2022 - December 31, 2022||$1,500|
|January 1, 2023 - further||$2,500|
**A student who receives a Spring 2023 housing assignment after December 1, 2022, will have 72 hours to submit a cancellation form. After 72 hours, the cancellation fee schedule described above will apply.
Cancelling for Spring 2023 - New Students Moving Off-Campus
- A new First-Year or Transfer student who applies for housing and receives an assignment for the fall or spring semester and subsequently cancels the housing assignment prior to occupancy will forfeit the $200 housing deposit.
- Upon check-in for the spring housing assignment, the student shall be responsible for the entire Spring (Academic Year) housing charges.
Applications open: October 12, 2022
Returning Student Priority Applications Due: November 2, 2022*
New Student Priority Applications Due: December 1, 2022*
Application closes: January 17, 2023
*Also the priority deadline to apply for ASAC and CDI accomodations. Full details on the housing application.