Housing & Residence Life invites students to apply for Spring 2020 housing. The application is available from now until January 6, 2020 on your AU Housing Portal.
- Students who complete a housing application after December 1 may not receive a housing assignment until the University re-opens from winter break on January 2, 2019 or could be placed on a wait list.
- Students will be assigned on a rolling basis, based on application date, beginning in November.
- Housing assignments will be sent to your AU e-mail address.
- All students applying for spring housing are subject to the housing cancellation fee schedule as listed in the 2019-2020 Housing License Agreement.
- Academic year housing costs are available on our Academic Year Rates page.
Returning Students: Studying Abroad or on a Leave of Absence for the Fall 2019 Semester
- You will have an opportunity to request a roommate on your application.
- To request a roommate who currently lives on campus for the fall, there must be a vacancy in their room for the spring.
- Requesting roommates who are also moving onto campus in the spring will be done on a first come, first served basis pending space availability. All students must request each other and apply by December 1 in order to consider the roommate request.
Returning Students: Off-Campus Students Interested in Returning to On-Campus Housing for Spring 2020
Students who have previously moved off campus and are interested in returning to campus housing may apply for spring housing through the waitlist application.
New Students Joining American University in Spring 2020
- Incoming first-year students and transfer students must first complete a housing deposit with the Office of Admissions.
- The priority deadline to complete a housing application is December 1.
Washington Semester Program (WSP) Students Planning to Live On Campus for the Spring Semester:
Please contact the Washington Semester Program to obtain a housing application link. Should you have any questions about the process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The program administrators will ensure a housing application is created for you.
Abroad @ AU Students Planning to Live On Campus for the Spring Semester:
Abroad @ AU students applying to the program should work with the Abroad @ AU program office (email@example.com). The program administrators will ensure a housing application is created for you.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 885-3370.