Each year on-campus housing is in high demand, so it is important that students submit their housing enrollment deposits to the Office of Admissions as soon as possible to increase the likelihood of securing a space. If you have any questions regarding the deposit, please contact the office of admissions at Office of Admissions at email@example.com or 202.885.6000.
How Do I Apply for On-Campus Housing?
The online application opens on Monday, April 15 for students who have already submitted a housing deposit with AU Admissions.
- Students who deposit before April 12 will receive an invitation to apply via their AU email address on Monday, April 15.
- Students who deposit after April 12 will receive access to the AU Housing Portal within 3-5 business days of their deposit.
The housing application priority deadline for transfer students is Friday, July 5. Housing will continue to be offered on a space available basis throughout the rest of the summer.
How Are Housing Assignments Processed?
- You can review information about all of our residence halls on our website.
- Transfer students with fewer than 36 credits at the time of admission are guaranteed housing on AU’s main campus or in university-affiliated off-campus housing, provided that they submitted an enrollment deposit and housing application by July 5 or within three weeks of receipt of their admission letter.
- Assignments are made in one of our residence halls for first-year or sophomore students. Available room types are traditional double with community style bathrooms, traditional triple with community style bathrooms, and suite-style double with a single bathroom shared amongst suitemates.
- Transfer students with 36 or more credits may be housed if space is available; however, housing is not guaranteed.
- Assignment are made within our sophomore or upperclass communities. Available room types are traditional double, traditional triple, suite-style double, and apartment-style single.
How Are Roommates Assigned?
Roommates are assigned using information collected on the Roommate Profile and the room type preferences. We will do our best to honor student's preference request, however assignmments will be based on space availability.
When Will I Know Where I Am Living?
Transfer housing assignments (location, room number and room type, as well as roommate(s) information) will be released via a student's AU email account and available within the AU Housing Portal in mid July for any student that applies by the priority deadline.