Parking & Transportation
Summer Conference Transportation Considerations
AU is accessible from all three major airports located in the metropolitan area. Reagan National Airport near downtown Washington, DC, is accessible to the AU campus by Metro (subway) and taxi.
• AU is located less than a mile from the Tenleytown/American University Metro Station and shuttle service is provided daily to the Metro for AU students, faculty, staff and summer conference guests at no additional charge. Shuttles run approximately every 15 minutes from 7:00 am until 12:30am. Hours are extended on weekends. The AU shuttle is accessible for any individuals with mobility considerations.
• Taxis are often available by calling from the front desk of any residence hall.
Parking Arrangements and Logistics
The Nebraska Avenue parking lot is the main location for conference guest parking on the American University campus. The lot is located at the corner of New Mexico and Nebraska Avenues.
• Each conference is eligible to receive up to one parking permit for each residential guest at no cost to the conference or participant.
• Parking for conference guests who are not staying overnight at American University are available at a cost of $5 per guest per night.
• Directions to American University and the Nebraska Avenue parking lot and American University are located at: http://www.american.edu/maps/.
• All vehicles are required to park in the Nebraska Avenue parking lot (including buses). Any special requests or handicap parking permits must be accompanied by a doctor’s notice to Public Safety upon arrival to campus. Parking in front of buildings is only approved for loading and unloading purposes. Idling by any vehicle is not permitted in the Nebraska Avenue parking lot at any time.