International Student Leadership Team
International Student Leadership Team (ISLT) promotes community building for international students & scholars and strives to increase cultural awareness within the AU community by creating a forum for cultural, social, academic and leadership engagements through various activities planned and implemented by the members.
Sub-committees organize a calendar of events around clusters of activities:
- Community Service projects and Fundraising (such as working with schools in DC, literacy project on Dr. Seuss Day, MLK Day of Service, and Latino Heritage Month)
- Social Events (such as movie nights, Global Cafe, and Friday Tea Talks)
- Cultural Events and International Holidays (such as International Vibe, International Gala, Trick or Treating for Halloween, Cherry Blossom Festival, and Holi)
- Sporting Events and Outings (such as Nationals Game, Phil Bender, and Kite Festival)
- Professional development activities (such as Brown Bag Lunches, team building exercises, and speakers)