On-Campus Employment F-1 and J-1 Students

Working on-campus can be an excellent way to enhance your time here at AU. From meeting more students, faculty, and staff to engaging with the university on a professional level, on-campus work positions make a great addition to the AU experience.

  • Must be enrolled full-time and in good academic standing
  • Cannot apply for Federal Work Study (FWS) positions
  • Cannot work at a business on campus that requires you to also work off campus (i.e. Starbucks, Subway, UPS, and Capital One Bank)
  • During the academic year: part-time (20 hours per week or less)
  • During winter or summer break: full-time (more than 20 hours per week)



  1. Log on to iEagle. Submit the On-Campus Employment e-form under Current Student. ISSS will process your request for authorization and notify AU Human Resources when your authorization has been processed. You must request authorization every semester you work on-campus.

    J-1 Students Only: Before you begin working on campus you must obtain an on-campus employment authorization letter from ISSS every semester.
  2. Schedule an appointment with a foreign national tax specialist in AU's payroll office. Make an appointment on-line.
  3. Apply for a Social Security Card, if you do not already have one. Read our Social Security information page for information about the application process.