Table Talk Lunch Series
The Kay Spiritual Life Center strives to provide forums for students to explore contemporary issues of ethical concern. Our signature lunch-time lecture series, Table Talks brings together the University and wider D.C. communities several times each semester to reflect upon the pressing issues of the twenty-first century.
Listen to our Table Talk Podcasts on iTunesU
Missed a Table Talk? Download a free podcast version on Kay's iTunesU page. You'll also find podcasts from our signature Human Rights Defender series and the annual Poynter lecture.
Here are this semester's Table Talks:
- Wednesday, September 17: "Central American Children: Immigration and Deportation"
- Wednesday, October 8: "Climate Change: How Urgent the Debate?"
- Wednesday, November 5: "AU Experts Analyze Election Results."
- Citizen Security: What's Behind the Violence in Central America?
- Fashion, Factories, and Labor Rights: Who Wins?
- Summer of Global Protest: What is Fueling Popular Uprisings?
- Coup or Not a Coup? Hopes for Egyptian Democracy
- The Drug War: More Harm than Good?
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Codes of Conduct: How are They Working?
- The Arab Spring: One Year Later
- Haiti: Women's Empowerment and Reconstruction
- Power Play Against the Poor: Where is the Budget Battle Leading America?
- The Burqa and the Beret: Immigration and the EU
- India Rising: How Far? How Fast?
- 2011 Elections in Latin America: Impact on Democracy and Human Rights
- Political Upheaval in the Middle East & North Africa: The Role of Social Media
- Conflict Free Purchasing: The Ethics of Your Electronic Device
- Attack on the Deficit & Debt: Who Wins? Who Loses?
- GLBTA Rights as Human Rights in Africa
- Are Banks Too Big To Fail?
- Gitmo Detainees: Military Commissions vs. Civilian Courts
- Obama and Rouhani: The Risks and Opportunities of Negotiating with Iran
- Edward Snowden: Traitor or Patriot?