- Make all space reservations prior to filling out the form. It is your responsibility to specify your top 3 spaces in 25Live, and once your event is confirmed, you will receive the space assignment (See Room Reservation Information tab for more assistance).
- NOTE: You must submit the 25Live reservation number in the proposal form, therefore if your event is off campus/does not require space, please specify that in the 'Additional Information for the Scheduler' section.
- Keep in mind the size of your event! If we believe the space you requested will be too big/small for your event, we will make modifications to best accommodate everyone.
- You will receive an event confirmation from the Office of Orientation, Transition & Retention regarding your event by the end of May. This means you are on the official All-American Welcome schedule and all changes need to be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they arise.
- All-American Welcome marketing begins in mid-June therefore we ask that you refrain from making changes to your event after that point.
The All-American Welcome event proposal deadline for returning events is Monday, March 18th at 3pm! No late submissions will be accepted.
During a blackout period, you cannot directly request the space you want, therefore you must identify a "Location Preference"
- Once you reach the Locations portion:
- In the 'Search by Location Name', write in 'Event space', click on the first "EVENT SPACE" that comes up.
- Do not select "SIS EVENT SPACE", or "SOC EVENT SPACE", etc. "EVENT SPACE" will be sent to University Event Scheduling to confirm your All-American Welcome reservation.
- Once you select "EVENT SPACE" continue to finish your event reservation until you get to "Add additional COMMENTS and NOTES for this event". Under 'Additional Information for the Scheduler', please write in your preference spaces for your event.
- Once you have completed your event space request, please note your reference number at the bottom left. You will need this to complete the All-American Welcome Event Proposal form.
- If you have any questions regarding your room reservation, feel free to contact UES@american.edu or call their office at (202) 885-3939.
Event Planning Resources
Before Your Event
Complete a All-American Welcome Event Proposal form
Once you have received a confirmation, review your event posting on the website schedules, which will be available in mid-June on the main All-American Welcome page. Email us at (email@example.com) if there are any changes or edits to your event.
During Your Event
Have a last minute change or weather delay? Email OTR (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can push out announcements via social media as needed
Use the hashtag #AUWelcome while posting on social media during events
After Your Event
Send OTR (email@example.com) links to photos or videos to be shared on All-American Welcome social media
Complete the All-American Welcome Feedback form to let us know how your event did
- Keep in mind the number of participants who attended your event and suggestions you have for future events
Event proposals for All-American Welcome are officially closed! We would like to thank you all for taking the time out to fill out a proposal form for All-American Welcome.
If you are interested in hosting an event during All-American Weekend (Oct. 4-6), please look at our All-American Weekend Homepage. Should you have any questions, please contact Orientation Transition & Retention at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The All-American Welcome Leadership Committee is responsible for implementing All-American Welcome activities and overseeing the various subcommittees. This year's Leadership Committee includes the following members: