Monday-Friday 9a.m. - 5p.m.
Are you an AU parent?
Below is a compilation of scholarships offered to students at American University through the Office of Campus Life.
The purpose of the Annette Langdon Scholar-Activist (ALSA) Award is to provide financial assistance to deserving undergraduate students who are working to improve the lives of people in under-resourced communities. The fund will award $1,000 to a student.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.5 and be a full-time student.
- Must be committed to addressing various social causes and should therefore be active in community service and/or social justice organizations.
- Must be a student with financial need. Preference will be given to Pell grant eligible students and/or students with a household income of $60,000 or less.
All students are encouraged to apply, but preference will be given to sophomore students majoring in the School of International Service.
Applications Due: Friday June 19, 2020 by 5pm
The purpose of the Ira Jersey College Republican Scholarship is to provide tuition support to a deserving undergraduate student who is a member in good standing in the American University College Republicans Student Organization.
Preference will be given to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Member is in good standing with the AU College Republicans who has paid his or her dues in full by Spring Break.
- Must have attended at least three meetings or events by the AU College Republicans during the current academic year.
- Must have a GPA of 3.2, have completed a minimum of 30 credits per year and be a full-time student.
Applications Due: Friday, June 19, 2020 by 5pm