Important Dates to Keep in Mind
No event confirmations in academic space for, approximately, the first 3 weeks of classEach semester academic space is distributed and re-distributed to accommodate student access needs, changing class sizes, and other logistical needs.
This means that any event requests for academic space between the start of the semester until the end of the academic blackout cannot be confirmed.
The academic blackout does not have a hard deadline but is generally lifted shortly after the deadline to register for classes, roughly 3 weeks after the start of the semester.
Major Events on campus take priority for space reservations, please be aware of the following 3 major events when requesting space on campus. You can find specific dates for these events at the academic calendar.
- Eagle Summits & Orientation (June-August) - these occur over several weeks during the summer, please visit the Orientation page for details. Expect large event spaces to be unavailable.
- Welcome Week (Mid August) - occurs just before the start of classes to welcome new and returning students. Expect large event space to be unavailable
- All-American Weekend (Mid October) - a three day celebration for students, family, and alums. Expect large event space to be unavailable
- Spring Commencement (Mid May) - three days leading up to and including commencement ceremonies. Large public spaces are used, expect heavy traffic and limited use of all campus space
Hierarchy for Space Use
- Academic Classes
- Advanced Scheduling & Major Events
- Department & Student Organization events
- Hosted external events