Creating Visitor Accounts in Bulk
For Use By Departments Only
To protect American University's data assets, all users are required to login with credentials before gaining access to the network. The temporary account that is created for the visitor provides access to the Internet, while preventing access to services designated as AU-only.
- To create limited-access visitor accounts in Bulk, log into the myAU.american.edu portal and click on the OFFICE ASSISTANT link on the right side of the screen under PERSONALIZED LINKS.
- Click the VISITOR ACCOUNTS - DEPARTMENT link. Please note: this link is only available to faculty and staff, who have been granted the authority to create visitor accounts in bulk.
- You will see the following screen:
- Enter the first and last names and phone numbers, in the format of XXX-XXX-XXXX, for the people you are creating the accounts.
- Select the number of days, up to 30, for which the accounts should be valid.
- Then, click SUBMIT. You will be presented with the account user names, passwords, and expiry information:
- Click the BACK button to return to the original screen. Then, click the VIEW ACTIVE ACCOUNTS link at the top of the form to see all of the active accounts which you had created:
Please note: These accounts will be automatically deleted, when the expiry date has passed.