Accessing Your Network Drives Through the Web
NetStorage can be used to access Novell from on- or off-campus wherever there's an Internet connection.
The major difference between using the Novell client and NetStorage is that the client allows direct editing of files on your network drives, whereas NetStorage requires that you download a copy of the file to the computer you're using, edit the file, then upload the file back to the appropriate network drive. For this reason, using the Novell client whenever possible is recommended.
- Open a Web browser.
- Go to https://mynet.american.edu
- You will be prompted to login using your my.american.edu USER NAME and PASSWORD.
- You will see the following screen with all of the network drives that you have rights to access:
Updating Your Files
- To see the contents of your G drive, open the Home@AU folder.
- In order to edit a file, you have to download and save it on the local computer by double-clicking on the desired file.
- Select the option to SAVE the file to the Desktop.
- Open the downloaded file in the appropriate program and make the desired changes. Remember: you will be editing a local copy of the file, not the actual file on your network drive.
- SAVE the file and close it.
- To upload the edited file to the network drive, click the FILE link and select UPLOAD, as shown below.
- You may be prompted to disable your Pop-up Blocker for the site, by selecting ALLOW FOR THIS SITE.
- The Upload File dialog box will open. Click the BROWSE button and select the desired file.
- If additional files are to be uploaded, click the plus (+) button next to the browse button and select more files.
- Then, click the UPLOAD button.
- When finished, click the LOGOUT button, , or close your Web browser.