Memorandum January 27, 2021
- AU Community
- Sylvia M. Burwell, President
- Launch of Nomination Process—2021 University Awards for Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni
This year, as we reflect on the outstanding achievements of American University students, faculty, staff, and alumni during a time of unprecedented challenges, we see how the passionate and purposeful actions of our community can impact the world. The scholarship, learning, and community of our AU changemakers, as laid out in our strategic plan, Changemakers for a Changing World, are now more important than ever.
Our annual University Awards recognize members of the AU family who epitomize our legacy of leadership, scholarship, and service, as well as our work to create meaningful change. If you know someone who deserves this special recognition, I invite you to nominate them. You can read more about the awards, selection criteria, deadlines, and submission process details on the University Awards website.
Nominations are due:
- Wednesday, February 24 for faculty awards
- Wednesday, March 3 for staff awards
- Wednesday, March 24 for student awards
- Date to be announced for alumni awards
We’ll honor the awardees at the following times:
- Faculty Recognition Event on Sunday, April 25
- May 2021 for graduating students
- Staff Appreciation Week, June 7-11
- Alumni Recognition in fall 2021
Each member of our community is vital to our mission. I am thankful for your contributions, especially over the last year of challenge and change, and I hope you will help us identify and celebrate the members of our community whose commitment to AU is exemplary.