Do you have ideas about how to make AU a more inclusive community? If so, we want to hear from you!
The President’s Council on Diversity and Inclusion (PCDI) invites you to apply for an Inclusive Excellence (IE) Collaboration Mini-Grant. Reach out to your fellow colleagues, classmates, professors or alumni to partner on a collaborative group project that supports a climate where people of all identities and experiences are understood, appreciated, and fully included.
Criteria and Eligibility
- Mini-grant not to exceed $1,500.00. Funds must be spent by April 30, 2019.
- AU students, faculty, staff, alumni, emeriti, and contract workers are eligible to apply. All applicants must partner with at least one current faculty or staff member. Project must be collaborative and involve more than one person.
- Project must work to advance diversity, equity and inclusion efforts at American University. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Enhancing the climate for students, faculty, and staff
- Building a One AU community
- Fostering civil discourse
- Promoting curricular and co-curricular collaborations
- Engaging in relevant research
- Project must support at least one of the recommendations put forth in the AU Plan for Inclusive Excellence.
- Mini-grant funds may not be applied toward personnel salary or equipment (computers, etc.). Funds are intended for direct program expenditures.
- Awardees will be expected to submit a final report of project outcomes and lessons learned to PCDI by May 15, 2019.