AU President Sylvia M. Burwell hosted a Crucial Conversation with former HUD Secretary Julián Castro and higher education expert Dr. Alma Clayton-Pedersen on AU's Plan for Inclusive Excellence and Lessons for Success.
Thursday, February 8
American University School of International Service Atrium
4400 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Washington DC, 20016
A conversation among leaders to discuss:
- The challenges and opportunities of advancing equity and inclusion in higher education, as well as society at large.
- Effective approaches for achieving inclusive excellence, including systemic and organizational transformation and ways to measure progress.
- The core elements of AU's Plan for Inclusive Excellence, the role of leadership, and the importance of community engagement.
- Sylvia M. Burwell, President, American University
- Julián Castro, Former Secretary, Housing and Urban Development
- Alma Clayton-Pedersen, Chief Executive Officer, Emeritus Consulting Group