Scholar in Residence
School of International Service
DegreesPost-Doctoral Fellowship, American Studies Program Yale University, PhD, MA, and BA, History and Political Science, University of Colorado, Boulder
Favorite Spot on Campus:Bender Library is my favorite spot on campus for reading and research
Book Currently Reading:The quintessential American novel, Moby Dick, by Herman Melville
Languages Spoken:Farsi, English, and French
- SIS-School of Intl Service
- SIS - 206
- Wednesdays, 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
FOR THE MEDIA
To request an interview for a
news story, call AU Communications
at 202-885-5950 or submit a request.
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
- On Shifting Ground: Muslim Women in the Global Era, Editor. The Feminist Press at CUNY, 2005.
- A History of United States Social and Political Developments. Tehran, Tehran University Press, 1978.
- Politics of Reform: A Study of Social and Political Thought of Mirza Malkam Khan Nazim Ud Dula. Tehran, Franklin Book Programs, 1975.
- “The Constitutional Ideas of a Shia Mujtahed: Muhammad Hossein Nai’ni." Iranian Studies, Vol. VIII, No.4, 1976.
- “Methodology and Approach to Teaching American Studies Abroad, “ American Studies International, September 1975.
- “An Evaluation of Historical Sources of the Qajar Period." Sukhan, Vol. 22, No.3, fall 1973, Tehran.
- Iranian Women in Post-Revolutionary Era, Community Leadership Network, 2007.
- Invited Commentator, International Conference on the Iranian Constitutional Movement,University of Maryland, 2006.
- Women and the Internet in Iran, The City University of New York, Graduate Center, 2005.
- Women and Development: Iran as a Case Study, 7th Biannual Conference of Asian Historians, Bangkok ,Thailand, 1978.
- American Studies Workshop, Tunisia, 1977.
- Challenges and Opportunities in Teaching American History in Iran, Bicentennial Conference, Shiraz, Iran, 1976.
Work In Progress
- The Enlightened Diplomat: SGW Benjamin, the First American Envoy to Iran. (Expected publication 2010).
Honors, Awards, and Fellowships
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, American Studies Program, Yale University
- Graduate Fellowship, University of Colorado
- Scholarship, Tehran University
Grants and Sponsored Research
- United States Information Agency Research Grant (for an American history textbook for Iranian students. Published by Tehran University Press, 1978.
- Member, Board of Directors, The Feminist Press, 2006-
- Member, Board of Directors, American Women for International Understanding, 2000-2006
- Member, Board of Directors, Community Leadership Network, 1998 –
- Member, Board of Directors, Journal of American Studies International, 1975-1980