- Additional Positions at AU
- Executive Director, Model G20 Initiative
- Adjunct Professor, School of International Service
- Ph.D. in Social Sciences, Latin American School of Social Sciences (FLACSO) | M.Sc. in Development Studies, London School of Economics (LSE) | B.A. in Economics, University of Buenos Aires (UBA)
- Languages Spoken
- English & Spanish
- Cecilia Nahón joined the American University faculty in 2016, bringing academic, private sector and diplomatic experience to campus. She is the Executive Director of the new AU Model G20 Initiative, the first US-based complete and accurate simulation of the G20 Leaders’ Summit. Previously, Cecilia Nahón served as Ambassador of Argentina to the United States (2013-15) and as G20 Sherpa of Argentina (2012-15), among other government positions. In such capacities, she was responsible for high-level bilateral and multilateral negotiations on trade, investment, climate change, debt, development and anti-corruption. Ambassador Nahón is an economist specialized in regional and international affairs. Aside from leading Model G20, she teaches undergraduate and graduate level courses at the School of International Service (SIS) and the Washington College of Law (WCL). Recent courses include “Theory and Practice of the G20” and “International, Legal and Policy Issues in Sovereign Debt Restructuring”.
Area of Expertise
Content is not available at this time.