Executive in Residence
Department of Public Administration and Policy
- Ruth Zaplin is an Executive-in-Residence, School of Public Affairs, Department of Public Administration & Policy and also Director of International Programs, Key Executive Leadership Programs at American University. Dr. Zaplin has developed and led enterprise-wide transformation plans, large-scale government reform, workforce restructuring, and work redesign initiatives in both the public and private sectors. Her background includes executive leadership of a nationally known non-governmental organization, university-level teaching and social science research in criminal justice. She is the editor of two internationally known textbooks. Dr. Zaplin holds a doctorate in public administration and is certified as an Executive Coach by the International Coach Federation. She is one of only 30 researchers in the country certified to score the subject-object qualitative research methodology developed at Harvard University.
DegreesDPA, MPA, MA, BA
- SPA - Key Leadership Program
- Watkins - 111
FOR THE MEDIA
To request an interview for a
news story, call AU Communications
at 202-885-5950 or submit a request.
- PUAD-028 Executive Skill Modules: Manager as Coach OIG Nl 25
- PUAD-057 Managing Organizational Trans: Managing Org Trans OIG/NL26
- PUAD-638 Strat Human Res Mgmt for Execs: Strat Human Res Mgmt - Key 49
- PUAD-654 Organization Diagnosis & Chng: Org Diagnosis & Chng - Key 48