- MEd, George Mason University
- Favorite Spot on Campus
- Ilene Zatkin-Butler Garden
- Cathy works in the Office of Information Technology, identifying risk sources, planning, developing, implementing and maintaining the University's information technology security program to safeguard new and existing technologies and services. She contributes to university-wide information security awareness and education programs and is responsible for the development of information security policies, procedures and security standards. She works with internal and external auditors to ensure AU's information technology resources are compliant with applicable, policies, laws, and regulations and coordinates the investigation of technology security incidents.
Virginia Alliance for Secure Computing and Networking
Active volunteer. Past chair of HEISC subcommittees.
Women in Technology
Member Northern VA Chapter
ISACA DC Chapter
- Seminar: Building Your InfoSec Leadership Style, EDUCAUSE, 2019
- What Happens When You Click, NASA Webinar Series, 2018
- Enterprise Risk Management, RIMM Montreal, 2018
- Women in IT, Duke Cybersecurity Series, 2017
- Security Spend, EDUCAUSE, 2017
- Delving into Diversiity, Gartner, 2016
- Cyber Security Threat Landscape, US Coastguard Headquarters, 2016
- Distinguished Speaker Series: Cyber, Dept of Energy, 2016
- Postioning Your IT Security Program as an Enterprise Resource, EDUCAUSE, 2013
- What's Your Number? Measuring the Maturity of Your Security Program, EDUCAUSE, 2013
- Enterprise Risk Management in Higher Education: Implications for Enterprise IT, EDUCAUSE, 2013.
- Cyber Security Awarnness, eTrade Seminar Series, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Cybersecurity: Protecting Your Campus, American Council on Education Webinar Series, 2013.
- Breaking the Chain, AC CISO Journal, Security Current, 2015
- Alternative IT Sourcing: A Discussion of Privacy, Security, and Risk, EDUCAUSE Review 2011
- Business Continuity Planning. University Business, 2006
Technology Managers Forum's Best Practices in Information Security, 2009
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Controls, 2010
- Graduate, FRYE Leadership Institute, 2009
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT, 2009
- Certified Information Systems Auditor, 2006
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional, 2005