- MEd, George Mason University
- Favorite Spot on Campus
- Ilene Zatkin-Butler Garden
- Cathy works in the Office of Information Technology, identifying risk sources, planning, developing, implementing and maintaining the University's information technology security program to safeguard new and existing technologies and services.She contributes to university-wide information security awareness and education programs and is responsible for the development of information security policies, procedures and security standards. She works with internal and external auditors to ensure AU's information technology resources are compliant with applicable, policies, laws, and regulations and coordinates the investigation of technology security incidents.
Virginia Alliance for Secure Computing and Networking
Co-Chair HEISC Governance, Risk & Compliance group
Women in Technology
Member Northern VA Chapter
ISACA DC Chapter
ISSA-NOVA (Information Systems Security Association)
Director for Scholarship & Campus Relations
- Postioning Your IT Security Program as an Enterprise Resource, EDUCAUSE, 2013
- What's Your Number? Measuring the Maturity of Your Security Program, EDUCAUSE, 2013.
- Enterprise Risk Management in Higher Education: Implications for Enterprise IT, EDUCAUSE, 2013.
- Current Cyber Threat Landscape, eTrade Seminar Series, 2013.
- Cybersecurity: Protecting Your Campus, American Council on Education Webinar Series, 2013.
- Partnering to Achieve PCI Compliance, UB Tech Conference, 2012.
- Information Technology Trends and Implications for Privacy, Security, and Risk Managment, URMIA Annual Conference, 2011.
- Achieving Cost-Effective PCI Compliance, EDUCAUSE Enterprise IT, 2011.