- PhD, International Relations, School of International Service, American University, MA, International Relations, Linköping University, Sweden, BA, Political Science, Linköping University, Sweden
- Dr. Anders Härdig is a Professorial Lecturer in the International Politics program at SIS. His main fields of expertise are international politics and comparative and regional studies with a special focus on social movements and grassroots networks in the Middle East. A former student and research affiliate at the American University of Beirut (AUB) in Lebanon, Dr. Härdig is a frequent traveler to the Middle East. He is the recipient of several scholarships and grants, including a Fulbright scholarship, the Smith Richardson Foundation World Politics and Statecraft Fellowship, and multiple grants from the Marcus Wallenberg Foundation. In recent years, Dr. Härdig has worked as a researcher and consultant for American and European companies on projects in Lebanon.
Honors, Awards, and Fellowships
- Tekn. Dr. Marcus Wallenbergs Stiftelse för Utbildning i Internationellt Industriellt Företagande Fellowship (Sweden) - 2006-2011
- SIS Dissertation Fellowship - 2009-2010
- Smith Richardson Foundation World Politics and Statecraft Fellowship - 2008-2009
- Dean’s Fellowship, SIS - 2005-2008
- Fulbright Fellowship (Sweden) - 2005-2006
Dr. Härdig’s research interests include the politics of the Middle East, particularly civil society and the development of grassroots networks and social movements. His dissertation examined grassroots struggles to broaden the space for political participation in the Middle East, using a case study of civic grassroots activists in Lebanon.