IMAJ: Political Science
David is a junior in the School of Public Affairs and School of Communication. An Iowa native, David graduated from nationally recognized Ames High School.
A member of the SPA Leadership Program at AU, David has served as a teaching assistant in the program and completed two year-long social action projects geared toward DC youth. His sophomore year, David implemented an 11-week chess program for students at the Columbia Heights Youth Club.
In 2011, David assisted the Iowa Department of Education with preparations for the Iowa Education Summit, an event attended by 1,600 Iowa school officials. David provided research on accountability measures in states throughout the country, explored potential advantages of an extended school year calendar, and helped produce the Annual Condition of Education Report.
David was a summer organizer for President Obama's reelection campaign in the summer of 2012. With the highly contested state of Iowa as his backdrop, David developed a strong understanding of the tasks necessary to run a successful political campaign.
David currently works as an intern at ML Strategies, where he reports on Congressional hearings and helps write the weekly Health Care Reform and Africa Updates.
- Student Organizations
University Honors Student, Member of School of Public Affairs Leadership Program
- Leadership Position Currently Held
- Co-captain of American University Men's Club Ultimate Frisbee Team
- Internships Currently/Previously Held
- Intern at ML Strategies, Summer Organizer for President Barack Obama's Iowa reelection campaign, Teaching Assistant for SPA Leadership Program class of 2015, Intern at the Iowa Department of Education
- Favorite Spot on Campus
- The Dav
- Favorite Place in Washington DC
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Contact Info