Assistive technology services consults are available to all American University students, faculty, staff, and alumni. The use of assistive technology as an accommodation for a disability in the classroom or for testing may also be requested. If you wish to request such accommodations, please follow the procedures for documenting a disability found at Registering for Accommodations.
- Meet with an Academic Support and Access Center (ASAC) counselor. To schedule an appointment, call 202-885-3360 or visit our office in Mary Graydon Center, 243.
- Connect with your Human Resources representative to arrange a meeting with the ASAC.
Please contact the Assistive Technology Manager at 202-885-3360 or by email at ATspecialist@american.edu.
- These computers are only available for testing accommodations. Speak with the ASAC Accommodations Coordinators for more information. They can be reached at 202.885.3489 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is one adaptive technology (AT) room on the 3rd floor. To gain access to this room, you will need to be added to the access list by the Assistive Technology Specialist. Once you are on the list, you can check in at the Information Desk to use the adaptive technology room.
- The AT room has a Mac and PC computer. Both computers are programmed with Kurzweil, Dragon Naturally Speaking, screen reading, and screen magnification technology.
- A CCTV is available on the 2nd floor.
- Accessible self-service book scanning is located on the lower level.
- Contact the library’s information desk staff at 202-885-3232 for additional assistance.
- A computer with assistive technology is available to assist with searching for jobs.
- Contact the Career Center at 202-885-1804 or by e-mail at email@example.com for additional assistance.
A computer with assistive technology is available in the Pence Law Library. Please contact the WCL Office of Student Affairs to gain access to the room. Please note: Access to this room is only allowed as an accommodation. If you wish to document a disability, please follow the registration instructions found on the ASAC's Registering for Accommodations page.
If interested contact the Assistive Technology Manager at 202-885-3360 or e-mail at ATspecialist@american.edu.