Below you'll find resources grouped by theme and our instructional video series, all designed to help support you on your academic journey.
Prefer paper resources? Check out our resource walls located outside of MGC 243 and on the first floor of Clark Hall.
Please note that instructions for how to download/copy your selected e-planner to your drive are located within the document on the upper right hand side.
Below you'll find e-planners that can be used online. You'll also find fillable planners (PDFs) that can be downloaded to your hard drive and printed.
Beginning of the Semester Checklist: Refer to this checklist at the beginning of each semester to ensure that you are on track to start the semester strong!
- 4 Tasks A Day E-Planner: Build up your task initiation with this 4 Tasks a Day e-planner, designed to evenly distribute homework across the work week. Downloadable Paper Copy | SAMPLE
- 7 Day Planners: Plan out your day/week by the hour, 1/2 hour, or by class schedule. Hourly Fillable PDF |Class Schedule Fillable PDF | Instructional Videos
- Breaking Down Assignments: Transform big projects into a series of smaller achievable tasks that can be completed in shorter work sessions over the course of several days or weeks. Fillable PDF | SAMPLE
- To-Do List: Track your weekly to-dos by order of importance. Fillable PDF
- "I am Behind on School" Action Plan Resource: If you have missing assignments and are struggling to stay on top of your academics, utilizing this Action Plan resource can help you to organize, plan and prioritize your work as needed.
- End of Semester Assignment Planner: Use this tool to map out a plan to completing assignments. Whether you are just getting started, or have to catch up on previous assignments this is a great way to get organized with assignments.
- Spring 2024 Academic Calendar: Customizable calendar that contains important dates like registration deadlines and more.
SMART Goals Worksheet: A template to guide you in developing goals that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound.
- Keep | Release | Acquire: This self-reflection invites you to evaluate your habits: Which should you keep, release, and acquire to achieve your academic goals in the upcoming semester or year?
- Overcoming Procrastination & Procrastination Worksheet: Tools for those seeking support in addressing feelsings of procrastination and low motivation. These resources will guide you how to identifiy your own inhibitors and solutions.
- 4 Mind Shifts for Task Initiation: Simple strategies and resources to help you move from inaction to action.
- Simplified Pomodoro Tracker: In this simplified version, you can track your daily time investment towards completing your out-of-class work while keeping running lists of tasks, rewards, and accomplishments. Downloadable Paper Copy | SAMPLE
Atomic Habits Cheat Sheet: Summary of Approaches to Habit Change, from the book, "Atomic Habits" by James Clear
AU Student Explains how to use a Planner: (video) Quick tips to maximize time management through the use of a daily planner.
YOU@American: a free, new platform to help you make the most of your college experience from mental and physical health, to friendships and finding balance, it’s all here. YOU@American is a personalized and 100% confidential web platform connecting you to online tools and campus resources to support your goals to succeed, thrive, and matter at AU.
- Gist Strategy: Capture your reading's bigger key ideas, themes, and figures with this straightforward note-taking method. Instructional Video
- Taking Notes in Class and on Reading Assignments: 5 simple strategies each for taking notes in class and on reading assignments.
- Weekly Reading List: This template helps you identify your average reading speeds and more effectively calculate the time it will take to complete an assigned reading. Paper Copy | Sample
- P2R Reading Strategy: Recall critical course content and supplement gaps in knowledge with the Preview-Read-Review (P2R) strategy.
- 10 Tips for Effective Reading: Become a more efficient reader with these 10 tips.
- 7 Day Test Prep: Prepare for your exam with this systematic plan that includes daily tasks, active study strategies, and additional helpful hints.
- Active Study Methods: 10 active study methods to help you prepare for your next quiz, exam, or in-class essay.
- Exam Day Strategies: Quick tips to improve your overall confidence and performance on all exams.
- Study and Test-Taking Strategies: Simple strategies for before, during, and after the exam.
- Strategies for Online Exams: 6 quick tips for managing your next online exam.
- Post Exam Analysis Reflection Tool: A new informative tool to guide your post-exam analysis! Answering these questions can offer valuable exam feedback, thereby informing your next exam preparation plan! (Post Exam Analysis Chart) (Post Exam Analsis Reflection Tool .pdf version)
- Create Your Own Language Exchange: Helpful guide for creating a partnership between you & another language learner so that you both can practice your target language and help each other build proficiency in language(s) you know best.
- How to Create a Personalized Glossary (in English): An important tool that most ELL's need is a dual-language picture dictionary. Please review our step-by-step guide on how to create a personalized glossary.
- ESL Tip Sheet- Creative Ways to Connect with Classmates: Are you interested in connecting with your peers at AU? See our top ten tips for creative ways to form new connections!
- Extra English Language and Content Support: This resource explores a variety of resources for language and content support for ESOL Students.
- Kurzweil 3000: Upload electronic files, including Word, PDF, HTML, and EPUB documents, to hear text read aloud. Annotate within the document, and export your notes and highlights into study guides.
- Essay Breakdown Template: Transform essays into a series of smaller achievable tasks that can be completed in shorter work sessions over the course of several days or weeks.
- Tips & Resources: View the Writing Center's resources to help you organize your papers, understand proper citations, and more.
- Videos: Quick videos to walk you through creating a project plan, developing an argument, and more.
- Establish an At-Home Academic Workspace: (video) Did you know that an organized workspace can boost mood and productivity? In this short video we offer 4 tips to improve your at home workspace.
- AU Study Spots: Looking for new places to study on campus or nearby? Check out this comprehensive list of AU Study Spots!
- Six Daily Tips for Navigating Online Spaces: This short guide provides best practices for the daily management of your online spaces, including Canvas, Gmail, and more.
Short videos that offer impactful academic strategies. For our latest video content, subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Capture your reading's key ideas, themes, and figures by learning the method behind this straightforward note-taking strategy.
Boost your mood and productivity with these 4 simple tips to improve your at-home workspace.
An introduction to our services: learn more about the common topics covered and how to schedule an appointment.
There was an issue with the embedded post.