In Cornerstone DC, you will gain substantive real-world skills, will expand your network, and acquire valuable experience that gives you an edge to compete in the job market.
DC is Your Classroom
In Cornerstone DC, you will gain substantive real-world skills while discovering what DC organizations have to offer. In addition, you will expand your network and acquire valuable experience that gives you an edge to compete in the job market.
With the diverse range of opportunities in government, non-profit organizations, and businesses here in DC, you can find an organization in your field of interest. Gaining this experience as a first-year student will help you better determine a course of study, leading to your future career.
Benefits of Cornerstone DC
- Nearly 90% of AU students have a DC professional experience during their four years. You’ll be first among your graduating class, guided by the mentorship of experienced AU professors and administrators.
- You’ll earn credit toward your AU degree and satisfy AU Core required courses while exploring your field of interest through AU electives.
- Through our partnership with University College (UC) students in the program join AU's largest living learning community.
- You’ll enjoy Cornerstone-only events designed to help you navigate DC and meet local, national, and global experts.
- Substantive Mentored Field Practicum (3 days a week)
- Courses which count towards your degree (2 days a week)
- Live on campus in a living learning community with other Cornerstone students
- Mentorship of a dedicated AU professor and first-year advisors