TO: AU Community
FROM: Scott A. Bass, Provost
SUBJECT: 2018 University Faculty Awards
Each year, American University recognizes its outstanding faculty with University Faculty Awards, the institution's highest faculty honor. At this time, I invite members of the AU community to nominate faculty who have distinguished themselves through teaching, scholarship, research, creative-activity, professional contributions, and service. Self-nominations are also welcomed.
There are seven award categories:
- Outstanding Scholarship, Research, Creative-Activity, and Other Profession Contributions (1 award)
- Outstanding Teaching in a Full-Time Appointment (2 awards: 1 tenure-line, 1 term)
- Outstanding Teaching in an Adjunct Appointment (1 award)
- Outstanding Service to the University Community (2 awards: 1 tenure-line, 1 term)
- Outstanding Contribution to Fostering Collaborative Scholarship (1 award)
- The Morton Bender Prize (nominations are made only by the Deans and the University Librarian)
- Scholar/Teacher of the Year (1 award)
Information about the process and a link to the nomination form is available at http://www.american.edu/universityawards/Faculty.cfm. Nominations must be submitted by Friday, February 16, 2018.
The recipients of the 2018 University Faculty awards will be announced in March, and they will be acknowledged, along with retiring faculty, at the Faculty Recognition Dinner on Sunday, April 15.
Thank you in advance for your willingness to participate in this important recognition of the best among our best.