The table below provides all approved courses for use toward your AU Core requirements. Courses are searchable by keywords, titles, semester, and/or AU Core requirement (Q2, Creative-Aesthetic Inquiry, etc.) in the search bar.
Only courses designated by the Office of the University Registrar may be used to satisfy AU Core Requirements. Courses will be added as they are approved. Courses taken in previous semesters without the “AU Core” designation will not be used toward current AU Core requirements. Courses may not be taken toward AU Core requirements through transfer work or Permits to Study after students have matriculated at AU.
For courses taken abroad, please see the AU Core Abroad Course Listing.
- MATH-196, with section title "The Math Workshop" (now MATH-125) counts for Core as Quantitative Literacy I in Fall 2018 and Spring 2019.
- MGMT-296, with section title "Business Ethics" (now MGMT-205) counts for Core as an Ethical Reasoning Habit of Mind in Spring 2019 and Fall 2019.
- PERF-396 (Crosslist:PSYC-396), with section title "Musical Minds" counts for Core as a Creative-Aesthetic Inquiry Habit of Mind in Spring 2019 and Spring 2020.
- STAT-196, with section title "Statistical Reasoning" (now STAT-160) counts for Core as Quantitative Literacy I in Fall 2018 and Spring 2019.
- PERF-330: Histories of Dance counts as Socio-Historical Inquiry in Fall 2019 and Spring 2020. As of Fall 2020, PERF-330 is listed as DNCE-330 and does NOT count as Socio-Historical Inquiry. DNCE-330 satisfies the DIV requirement as of Spring 2020.
- Before Fall 2020, WRT courses were listed using subject code WRTG.
- As of Fall 2020, PERF-200 is listed as DNCE-205.
- AWST-350-001, AFAM-396-003, and AMST-320-002 (all cross-listed and with section title "Islam in America") counts for Core as a Diversity & Equity (DIV) in Spring 2021.
- DATA-312 was listed as STAT-312 prior to Fall 2021.
- WGSS-460 was listed as WGSS-500 prior to Fall 2021.