Institute for Peace Research and Security Policy:
Hiring 1 Full Time(100 %) Senior Researcher to lead new research programme on "International Cyber Security (ICS)" - runs until 31 Dec 2022; based in Hamburg. More info here.
Future of Humanity Institute:
We have opened researcher positions across all our research strands and levels of seniority. Our big picture research focuses on the long-term consequences of our actions today and the complicated dynamics that are bound to shape our future in significant ways. These positions offer talented researchers freedom to think about the most important issues of our era in an environment with other brilliant minds willing to constructively engage with a broad range of ideas. Applications close 19th October 2020, noon BST. More info here.
WIIS Gender and Global Security Program Assistant:
(unpaid virtual internship)
Women In International Security (WIIS) Gender and Global Security Program Assistants work part-time (20 hours per week). Strong candidates should have, or are currently completing, an M.A. or B.A. in Women’s/Gender Studies, Conflict and Resolution, Security Studies, International Relations, International Law, Political Science, or a related field. Fall Internships typically begin in the month of September, and last until mid-December. As the situation COVID-19 develops, we have determined that our office will be functioning remotely for the rest of 2020 and into 2021. More info here.
Europe-Eurasia Intern (REMOTE); The Jamestown Foundation, Washington, DC:
The Jamestown Foundation is offering a part-time, unpaid remote internship for the fall 2020 term to assist with copy editing, updating our website, researching topics related to security in Russia, Eurasia and Europe’s East, as well as preparing for and running Jamestown virtual conferences and events. The ideal candidate will be a current undergraduate or graduate school student with an interest in Russian, Eurasian and Central-Eastern European affairs. Details here.
Assistant Professor in National Security Affairs; U.S. Naval War College:
Launch your scholarly career at one of the nation’s largest and most vibrant graduate teaching departments in the interdisciplinary field of national and international security studies. The National Security Affairs (NSA) Department at the U.S. Naval War College in Newport, Rhode Island seeks to fill a tenure-track assistant professor of national security affairs with an emphasis on international security anticipated vacancy beginning in July 2021. More details here.
The Jamestown Foundation, China Brief Internship:
The Jamestown Foundation is offering an internship for Summer/Fall 2020 to assist the Editor-in-Chief of China Brief in preparing and sending out the bi-weekly publication. Duties include minor copy editing, updating the Jamestown Foundation website, assisting the Editor in outreach to the China policy community via social media, researching topics related to Chinese security and East Asia, as well as assisting the Foundation with the organization of special conferences and events. The ideal candidate will be a current undergraduate or graduate school student with an interest in Chinese affairs and some Chinese language skills. More details here.
Atlantic Council, Internships: More details here.
Center for Democracy & Technology : More details here.
- Book Talk with Jenna Jordan - Leadership Decapitation: Strategic Targeting of Terrorist Organizations - September 22, 2020; 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM: Recording coming soon.
- The Present and Future of U.S. Cybersecurity - August 19, 2020; 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM: To view recording CLICK HERE
- Book Talk with Samuel Woolley – Reality Game: How the Next Wave of Technology will Break the Truth - January 17, 2020; 3:00 PM to 4:15 PM
- Book Launch with Audrey Kurth Cronin – Power to the People: How Open Technological Innovation is Arming Tomorrow’s Terrorists (co-sponsored with SIS Research)- November 13, 2019; 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- Book Talk with Emerson Brooking – Likewar: The Weaponization of Social Media - October 16, 2019; 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- (Digital) Structural Transformation Across Countries with Christos A. Makridis (co-sponsored w/ Global Economy and Development Faculty Research Cluster)- September 16, 2019; 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Book Talk with Paul Scharre – Army of None: Autonomous Weapons and the Future of War - February 19, 2020; 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM