- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, American Studies Program Yale University, PhD, MA, and BA, History and Political Science, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Languages Spoken
- Farsi, English, and French
- Favorite Spot on Campus
- Bender Library is my favorite spot on campus for reading and research
- Book Currently Reading
- The quintessential American novel, Moby Dick, by Herman Melville
- On Shifting Ground: Muslim Women in the Global Era, Editor. The Feminist Press at CUNY, 2005.
- A History of United States Social and Political Developments. Tehran, Tehran University Press, 1978.
- Politics of Reform: A Study of Social and Political Thought of Mirza Malkam Khan Nazim Ud Dula. Tehran, Franklin Book Programs, 1975.
- “The Constitutional Ideas of a Shia Mujtahed: Muhammad Hossein Nai’ni." Iranian Studies, Vol. VIII, No.4, 1976.
- “Methodology and Approach to Teaching American Studies Abroad, “ American Studies International, September 1975.
- “An Evaluation of Historical Sources of the Qajar Period." Sukhan, Vol. 22, No.3, fall 1973, Tehran.
- Member, Board of Directors, The Feminist Press, 2006-
- Member, Board of Directors, American Women for International Understanding, 2000-2006
- Member, Board of Directors, Community Leadership Network, 1998 –
- Member, Board of Directors, Journal of American Studies International, 1975-1980
Honors, Awards, and Fellowships
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, American Studies Program, Yale University
- Graduate Fellowship, University of Colorado
- Scholarship, Tehran University
Work In Progress
- The Enlightened Diplomat: SGW Benjamin, the First American Envoy to Iran. (Expected publication 2010).
- Iranian Women in Post-Revolutionary Era, Community Leadership Network, 2007.
- Invited Commentator, International Conference on the Iranian Constitutional Movement,University of Maryland, 2006.
- Women and the Internet in Iran, The City University of New York, Graduate Center, 2005.
- Women and Development: Iran as a Case Study, 7th Biannual Conference of Asian Historians, Bangkok ,Thailand, 1978.
- American Studies Workshop, Tunisia, 1977.
- Challenges and Opportunities in Teaching American History in Iran, Bicentennial Conference, Shiraz, Iran, 1976.
Iranian women in post revolutionary era, Iran’s Politics and Foreign Policy, Islam, Gender and Social Change, Middle East conflicts in fiction, history of US Iran relations.
Grants and Sponsored Research
- United States Information Agency Research Grant (for an American history textbook for Iranian students. Published by Tehran University Press, 1978.