- Additional Positions at AU
- Director, MA Programs in Comparative and Regional Studies (CRS), Global Governance, Politics & Security (GGPS) , & US Foreign Policy and National Security (USFP)
- Faculty Fellow, Internet Governance Laboratory
- Faculty Associate, Center for Security, Innovation, and New Technology
- B.A., Political Science; M.A., Government; Ph.D., International Relations, Georgetown; Diploma, Management Studies, University of Oxford
- Book Currently Reading
- Daniel P. Bagge, Unmasking Maskirovka: Russia's Cyber Influence Operations. Defense Press, 2019.
- Prior to becoming the Program Director for US Foreign Policy and National Security, Eric J. Novotny was appointed Senior Advisor, Digital Media and Cyber Security at the U.S. Department of State. He was also Senior Advisor, Democracy and Technology, at the U.S. Agency for International Development. From 2006-2011, he was Senior Vice President at the Civilian Research and Development Foundation. Novotny held senior executive positions at Lockheed Martin and at Hughes Electronics and is a former U.S. Air Force officer. At AU, Novotny is also a Faculty Fellow of the Internet Governance Laboratory.
SIS-653 Topics in U.S. Foreign Policy: Cyber/Terror/Espionage/Crime
SIS-793 Practicum in Int'l Affairs: Countering Cyber & Info Ops
SIS-653 Topics in U.S. Foreign Policy: Int'l Cyber Risk & Sec Meth