- Facilitation of efforts that enhance scholarship and policy-relevant contributions to the understanding of Islam and global peace, in cooperation with established programs and with individual faculty worldwide, and their respective teaching units.
- Teaching and development of curricula on the Islamic sources of peace and conflict resolution.
- Provision of support and assistance for student research through scholarships and fellowships in various areas related to peace and/or Islam, and for community service activities and programs.
- Development of multicultural conflict resolution workshops, including Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish and Confucian scholars to search for common ground and for sources of conflict resolution, reconciliation and peace.
- Annual appointments of Scholars-in-Residence and Visiting Public Servants who will conduct teaching and research relevant for the advancement of a comprehensive peace research agenda.
- Exhibitions on cultural manifestations of Islam for the American University and the greater Washington area, to include Islamic art, architecture, medicine, music and dance.
Phone: (202) 885-1632
Fax: (202) 885-6999
Mohammed Said Farsi Chair of Islamic Peace
School of International Service
4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20016-8071