Application deadline for Summer Practicum "Water, Cooperation and Peace in the Middle East" extended to Friday, March 7 at 5:00 PM!
Follow instructions below.
Applications for all other Summer 2014 and Fall 2014 Practicum courses are now closed. Students will be notified of the outcome of their application in March prior to Summer and Fall registration.
Check back in early fall for instructions on applying for Spring 2015 Practicum courses.
- Go the Practicum Application Form. Fill out and submit the web form.
- All SIS grad students have been given access to a Blackboard site called "SIS Practicum Program." When you submit the web form, you will be directed to this Blackboard site. In the left side menu, click "Apply Now."
- To apply to a Practicum, click the course title in the list. On the submission page, upload a cover letter and resume using the "Attach File" link. DO NOT include any text in the Submission or Comment boxes. Please label your documents with your last name, first initial, and application component. For example, "SMITH_J_CoverLetter."
- Repeat Step 3 for ALL Practica to which you are applying. You may apply for as many Practica as you want. As with any job application, your cover letter and resume should be tailored to each Practicum.
Late applications will not be considered. No preference is given to applications submitted early; please take your time completing the application. Students who applied to a Summer or Fall Practicum course will be notified of the outcome of their application in March, prior to Summer and Fall registration.
To be eligible to participate in an SIS Practicum, MA students must:
- be in good academic standing (including a 3.0 cumulative GPA)
- have completed 18 credits of graduate coursework prior to the semester in which they will participate in the Practicum
Dual-degree students (e.g. MA/MBA, JD/MA and KU/AU) must also:
- have completed at least 9 of the minimum 18 credits in SIS to be eligible to participate in a Practicum.
Students are eligible to apply for any Practicum, regardless of their particular MA program (e.g. an IPCR student may apply to a USFP Practicum).
Tips for a Successful Application
- Practicum applications consist of a cover letter and a resume. They should be approached as job applications.
- Your materials should focus on your skills, knowledge, and how you will add value to the client and the Practicum team.
- Address your cover letter to the Practicum professor.
- For more tips on cover letters, resumes, and job applications, check out the resources at the AU Career Center:
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact:
Stephanie Fischer, Executive-in-Residence
Director, Experiential Learning