Spring 2015 Practicum Presentations
The SIS Graduate Practicum Program invites all students, faculty, staff
and guests to attend this semester's Practicum presentations. Student
teams will provide short (typically 15-20 minute) presentations of their
research and share their experience working with client partners,
including the U.S. Department of Justice, Search for Common Ground, the
Inter-American Development Bank, and many others. Presentations will run from April 16 until early May.
Click here for a complete schedule and descriptions of all presentations. We hope to see you there!
SIS Practica fulfill a three-credit capstone requirement.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Teamwork and Project Management
- Client/Partner/Expert Relations
- Oral Presentation Skills
- Written Presentation Skills
- Faculty as mentors, providing framework, expertise, and guidance on teamwork
- Real-world experience in project design, teamwork, and client relations
- Work with clients, partners, and/or experts
- Skills workshops on project management, teamwork,professional writing and presentations
- Final oral presentation to client
- Final written report to client
- To apply for a practicum, students must have completed 18 credits prior to the start of the practicum and be in good standing academically