SIS cannot guarantee placement with these organizations; the list is meant to illustrative.
- Climate change, risk management, science and journalism, communication. Issues on the country and context.
- Facebook page
- 1; intern will be in contact with experts on issues related to climate change, risk management, science and journalism, communication.
- 3 months (flexible), six hours a day
- Preferred Skills
- Spanish, knowledge of strategic planning, budget management, statistics, monitoring and evaluation, and social media.
- Andrea Pazmino – Project Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Claudia Arteaga – Executive Dirertor, email@example.com
- Sustainable and community development, social media, education, marginalized and indigenous groups, culture, children issues, health issues, capacity building, environment and reservations, sustainable development, social enterprise The Yanapuma Foundation designs and implements successful and well-integrated development projects that improve the lives of poor and marginalized indigenous and rural populations in Ecuador. Interns work with either Yanapuma or one their partner organizations in Quito or throughout Ecuador.
- ranges - anywhere from 1-3 months, depending on program
- Preferred Skills
- conversational level of Spanish, interest in community development, community tourism, and/or sustainable development.
- include a Letter of Intent detailing potential projects of interest to work on during the internship; Resume and Letter of Intent written in Spanish
- Additional Information
- Yanapuma has a volunteer donation/registration fee of $125 for opportunities in Quito or Cuenca and $185 for opportunities outside of Quito. This fee helps cover the cost of administering their programs (orientation, support in country, initial accompany to site, etc.) and also provides funds for their sustainable development projects.
- Dr. Andrew Kirby firstname.lastname@example.org