SIS currently offers a one-of-a-kind dual undergraduate degree program with Ritsumeikan University (RU) in Japan. This program allows undergraduate students to earn two BA degrees from two universities in four years. AU students will receive a BA in International Studies. At RU, students study in the College of International Relations. With degrees granted in two countries, students participating in the dual degree programs gain the knowledge, skills, and practical experience to excel in careers in both countries.
How the programs work
- Students register for regular AU courses (including General Education Requirements) during their first two years at AU. While studying at the partner institution in the third and fourth years, students register for AU/SIS exchange credit.
- While students are at Ritsumeikan University, they pay RU tuition, but are eligible for a scholarship from RU if they meet minimum GPA requirements. As dual degree programs are designed for the independent undergraduate student, additional program fees do not apply.
- Students also pay mandatory fees to the partner institution. These fees can include welcome programs, state-mandated insurance, and activities fees.
- Students are responsible for their own accommodation, airfare, ground transportation, school supplies, and other personal living expenses while at the partner institution.
- Once enrolled at SIS, students will need to apply to a specific program through the SIS Office of International Programs.
- Good academic and university standing.
- Approved plan of study. Students must meet with their academic advisors to get approval for the courses they plan to take prior to departure.