Congratulations! You’ve been accepted to the School of International Service. You’re already the kind of student who wants to meet global challenges head-on and work to make a positive difference in the world.
But life—and college—in the time of the novel coronavirus is a bigger challenge than we’ve ever faced. You probably have lots of questions, and because you’re an SIS student, you want to know more about what the coronavirus means for all aspects of our world—public health, global economy, security and technology, and more.
That’s why we’ve created our Summer Q&A series with SIS faculty. Each session, you’ll hear different faculty provide context and explanation for how COVID-19 is challenging our systems and making us think of things in new ways. And you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions in an informal setting. We hope you’ll join us!
Dean Christine BN Chin welcomes admitted students to the School of International Service!
Starting on May 13, we’ll present a series of four conversations addressing a different aspect of our world and how it has been impacted by the coronavirus. In each conversation, you’ll hear briefly from each SIS faculty member and then have an opportunity to ask questions.
- Global Public Health
- May 13 at 4 p.m., featuring Nina Yamanis and Rachel Robinson
- Regional Impacts
- May 27 at 1 p.m., featuring Shadi Mokhtari, Matthew Taylor & Adam Auerbach
- Foreign Policy and National Security
- June 10 at 4 p.m., featuring Joshua Rovner and Sarah Snyder
- Identity, Ethics, and Justice
- June 24 at 1 p.m., featuring Tazreeza Sajjad and Susanna Campbell
- Office of Career Development
- Housed within SIS, the career team offers one-on-one career advising, weekly opportunity emails, networking events with alumni, site visits and more.
- Tuition and Fees Information
- See a full list of mandatory fees and the 2020-2021 tuition rate.
- Diversity & Inclusion at SIS
- Browse funding opportunities that support historically underrepresented groups pursuing graduate degrees in international affairs.
- Veterans Services Office
- AU offers various resources regarding Veterans’ benefits, including AU’s participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
There are many things about SIS that make our community unique. Watch this quick virtual tour video to explore your future home.