Research is an integral aspect of the SIS undergraduate experience, and presenting research at an academic conference is an excellent way to meet other researchers exploring similar topics, to engage in discussion and debate, and to learn from others. If you have a research project that you are proud of and would like to share with the SIS community, then the 18th Annual SIS Undergraduate Research Symposium is the event for you! Join us for an evening of enriching, educational exchange where you will receive constructive feedback, learn about other international issues, and gain exposure to presenting in a professional setting.
The Symposium is a great opportunity for you to receive feedback on you research from expert SIS faculty members and advanced degree candidates. The best research projects and presentations will be recognized with distinction and awards. You may chose to give an oral presentation or a poster presentation. Help us promote and celebrate undergraduate research in the field of international relations and apply now!
2015 Symposium Timeline
- February 27: Application Deadline
- March 6: Notification of Application Status
- April 20: Research Papers Due to Planning Committee
- April 22: PowerPoint Material Due (for oral panel presentations)
- April 24: 18th Annual SIS Undergraduate Research Symposium, 12:00 - 8:00pm
Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 18th Undergraduate Research Symposium will take place on Friday, April 24th, 2015 in the Founder's Room and Atrium of the SIS building.
Please visit the Undergraduate Research Symposium Facebook Page
Congratulations to the prize winners of the 17th Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- Best Paper: Amanda Brenner
- Best Oral Presentation: Priyanka Srivinasa
- Best Poster Presentation: Mildred Miranda-Cruz