Offered by the School of Communication.
Admission to the Program
Formal admission to the minor requires a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA. Students should not declare their minor until they have declared a major.
Students who are unable to achieve a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA and declare a minor in communication are not allowed to take courses in the school after they have completed 60 hours of undergraduate credit.
- 18 credit hours with grades of C or better, a minimum of 9 credit hours at or above 300-level, and at least 12 credit hours unique to the minor
Required (6 credit hours)
Media Studies (12 credit hours)
Complete 12 credit hours, with at least 9 credit hours at or above 300-level, from the following:
- COMM-270 How the News Media Shape History FA2 (3)
- COMM-324 Race, Gender and Sexuality in the Media (3)
- COMM-401 Communication Law (3)
- COMM-411 History of Documentary (3)
- COMM-414 History of Cross-Cultural Cinema (3)
- COMM-415 Children, Youth, and Digital Culture (3)
- COMM-416 Topics in Film and Media Arts (3)
- COMM-420 Topics in Mass Media (1-3)
- COMM-467 Communication, Copyright and Culture (3)
- COMM-468 Musical Cultures and Industries (3)
- COMM-477 History of Photography (3)
- COMM-503 Broadcast and Multimedia Journalism Management (3)
- COMM-509 Politics and the Media (3)
- COMM-514 Censorship and Media (3)
- COMM-545 Business and Economic Journalism (3)
- COMM-558 Survey of American Cinema (3)