Environmental Engineer, Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention (OCSPP), EPA
I advise OCSPP deputy assistant administrators on technical and policy issues related to implementation of Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) and FIFRA (Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act). OCSPP’s mission is to protect Americans from potential risks from toxic chemicals and pesticides.
Prior to joining EPA, I was an environmental engineering consultant in California, Texas, and Washington state supporting various government and commercial clients on environmental issues.
Areas of Expertise
- Federal rulemaking
- Chemical regulations (TSCA)
- Pesticide regulations (FIFRA and PRIA)
- Municipal solid waste management
- Risk assessments
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Briefing decisionmakers
- Strategic planning
- BS degree in Environmental Engineering, Colorado School of Mines
- MS degree in Environmental Engineering from Cockrell School of Engineering, University of Texas at Austin
- MPA degree from LBJ School of Public Affairs, University of Texas at Austin