Graduate Certificate in Leadership for Organizational Change
This certificate program is designed for students interested in increasing their capacity to lead themselves and others toward the objective of significant organizational change.
Admission to the Program
Open to students with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 15 credit hours of approved course work with at least 6 credit hours at the 600-level or above with grades of C or better.
Grades of C- or D in certificate program courses are not accepted toward the fulfillment of certificate requirements, although these grades will be included in the calculation of the GPA. Students must have at least a 3.0 GPA in certificate courses in order to be awarded a certificate. Students in certificate programs must take a minimum of 6 credit hours during each 12-month period and complete the certificate in four years. International students must enroll in 9 credit hours each semester (except for summer). At the discretion of the department, a maximum of 3 credit hours earned at an accredited college or university may be applied toward the certificate as transfer credit.
- PUAD-650 Leadership in a Changing Workplace (3)
- PUAD-654 Organizational Diagnosis and Change (3)
- 9 credit hours from the following or other courses with approval of the department:
- PUAD-652 Facilitation and Team Development (3)
- PUAD-658 Managing Conflict (3)
- PUAD-665 Managing Human Capital Assets (3)
- PUAD-684 Organizational Analysis (3) or
- 9 credit hours of approved SPA graduate courses offered through a Key Executive Leadership Program contract program, jointly selected and approved by the department and the contracting agency.