Thank you for your interest in the Business English Institute (BEI) at American University. The program is designed to give business professionals the communication tools necessary to succeed in the global marketplace. Located in Washington, DC, BEI is a two-week, summer program that provides:
- English language skills with special attention to business English vocabulary, presentation skills, and discussions of Financial Times articles and Harvard Business Review case studies.
- Acculturation to U.S. style business norms, including effective negotiations and non-verbal communication.
- Experience with U.S. business life and culture through on-site meetings, guest lectures and networking opportunities.
Tentative Weekly Summer Schedule
- 10 hours of classroom instruction a week.
- Daily activities including guest lectures, site visits, or networking sessions.
- Saturday all-day excursion.
- Sunday-enjoy free time.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
Room and Board: $1,200
Total Cost: $5,150