Project management is important to all industries and professions. Organizations, teams and individuals have goals and need an effective plan to achieve those goals.
Whether you’re interested in entering the project management field as a career path, are overseeing a project, or are part of a project team, the Essentials of Project Management course will give you the practical knowledge, tools, and confidence to succeed.
Save Time, Money, and Stress with Project Management Training
Essentials of Project Management teaches the “how to” of project management led by an expert instructor and supported by the CertWise™ Essentials of Project Management online course materials including case studies, templates and worksheets.
This course, spanning 4 weeks is broken into four modules:
- Module One: Project Management: The Discipline and the Profession
- Module Two: Planning and Balancing Project Work
- Module Three: Executing, Controlling, and Closing the Project
- Module Four: Strategic Value of Projects
While the course is not intended as certification preparation, it is aligned with PMI’s Professional Management Body of Knowledge® (PMBOK) – Sixth Edition and can serve as a stepping stone toward PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certifications.
Benefits for You
- Gain practical expertise that can immediately impact your job performance.
- Build a strong foundation of project management knowledge, skills, and tools to become a better project leader, team member, or manager.
- Establish practical skills by applying your new project management skills to case study scenarios.
- Take advantage of the knowledge and experiences of your expert instructor.
- Earn formal project management education hours and/or Professional Development Units (PDUs) upon completion.
- Qualify for your organization’s tuition reimbursement program.
- Stay motivated to complete your training with set class dates and assignments.
- Build your project management network through fellow course participants and your instructor.
Benefits for Your Employer
- Builds the knowledge, skills, toolkit, and confidence of your project managers through formal training.
- Reduces the risk of project failure by following a structured process and best practices.
- Increases the efficiency of project leaders and teams.
- Promotes a consistent understanding of project structure to individuals who part of a formal project team for the first time.
The CertWise™ Essentials of Project Management online course materials include four modules covering key project management topics. The following course materials and study tools will be available to you, on-demand, for 12 months:
- Online tutorial video
- Reading materials
- Classroom slides
- Case study scenarios, templates, and worksheets
- Class discussion and journal activities
- “Check Your Understanding” quizzes with recommended readings
- End of module quizzes
- Reports tracking your progress and scores
- Links to additional resources