A career in project management offers a variety of jobs across industries, incredible growth potential, and excellent compensation. Skilled project management professionals are in a prime position to benefit from:
- A projected 2.2 million new project management jobs created around the world each year through 2027, according to the Project Management Talent Gap Report.
- A median salary in excess of $100,000 in the US, Switzerland, Australia, Germany and the Netherlands.
Position Yourself for a Big Career Move
Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification is a proven way to enhance your resume, elevate your career potential, and boost your earnings.
- Earn a higher salary: According to PMI®, PMP credential holders can earn upward of $20,000 more annually than non-credentialed jobholders.
- Earn a prestigious certification recognized around the globe.
- Build skills and knowledge that are transferable between industries, market segments and geographic locations.
- Gain an advantage over non-certified project managers.
- Prove your project management knowledge, commitment, and experience.
- Join a global network of over 793,000 PMP credential holders.
Why Enroll in This Course?
- Learn the entire Professional Management Body of Knowledge® (PMBOK) Guide–Sixth Edition with our experienced and certified PMP instructors.
- Prepare for class and the exam with The Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation, included in tuition. This interactive study program includes printed study materials, online quizzes, flashcards, PMP practice test, and more. You will have access to the online study tools for an entire year.
- Discuss topics and network with peers from a variety of industries.
- Stay on track to complete your PMP studies with our structured learning environment.
- Meet the 35 hour project management education prerequisite.
- Take advantage of your employer’s tuition reimbursement program.
Included in your course registration fees, you will receive The CertWise Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation. This premium quality program combines comprehensive printed reading materials with interactive online study materials to expand, apply and solidify your knowledge to pass the PMP exam.
Comprehensive Reading Materials
- Three printed books provide an in-depth exploration of the five knowledge domains tested on the PMP exam. These materials are organized into 14 chapters including:
- Chapters 1-3: Project Management Concepts, Framework, and Skills – to provide context and an overall framework for the study content to follow.
- Chapters 4-13: Covering each of the 10 Knowledge Areas of the PMBOK® Guide—Sixth Edition (Integration, Scope, Schedule, Cost, Quality, Resource Management, Communications, Risk, Procurement, and Stakeholder Management), following the organization of the PMBOK® Guide—Sixth Edition for easy cross-reference.
- Chapter 14: Preparing for the PMP Exam (test-taking tips and strategies).
A glossary of key PMP terminology is included at the end of each chapter, with official PMI® definitions (utilizing the PMBOK® Guide—Sixth Edition glossary or PMI Lexicon of Project Management Terms Version 3.0). Progress check questions are included at the end of each chapter to help students check their understanding and retention of topics.
Topics are presented in a concise, easy-to-understand format to cover the PMP® Examination Content Outline, and are organized to follow the PMBOK® Guide—Sixth Edition.
Interactive Online Study Tools
Participants will have access to interactive online study tools for one year. These tools provide participants with an opportunity to apply and reinforce concepts, evaluate their knowledge, and monitor their growth throughout the course. Over 900 practice questions are included in the following online tools:
- Pre-test: Evaluate initial knowledge to identify areas of strength and weakness and focus studies.
- SmartStudy™: Build a customized study plan to optimize study time.
- Chapter Quizzes: Test comprehension, retention, and ability to apply concepts.
- Process Group Quizzes: Practice test questions by domain area.
- Flashcards: Review important key terms and definitions.
- Post-test: Gauge knowledge gained and areas that require further study.
- Practice Exam: Build confidence and set your pace with a timed practice exam.
- Progress Reports: Track your activities and scores.
- Resource Center: Access helpful test-taking tips, PMP exam resources, feedback links, and more.
Our course is designed to prepare individuals for the PMP Exam. The PMP is highly recommended for experienced project managers looking to advance their skills, career, and earning potential. Candidates must meet education and experience requirements detailed below, agree to a professional code of conduct, and pass the PMP Exam.
Education and Experience Prerequisites
To apply for the PMP, you need to meet all education and experience prerequisites in one of the following two categories:
|General Education||Project Management Experience||Project Management Education|
|Category A||Secondary Degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent)||Minimum of five (5) years of non-overlapping project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects||35 hours of project management education|
|Category B||A four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent)||A four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent)||35 hours of project management education|
- 200 multiple choice questions (175 scored questions + 25 unscored/pre-test questions).
- 4 hour time limit.
- Computer-based testing (CBT) format administered by Prometric testing centers (paper-based testing is available under limited circumstances)
- Exam is administered in English.
- Exam content weighted by the five domains from the PMP® Examination Content Outline:
- Initiating the Project (13%)
- Planning the Project (24%)
- Executing the Project (31%)
- Monitoring and Controlling the Project (25%)
- Closing the Project (7%)
- Exam eligibility period is one year from your exam application approval date. You may test three times in one year.
- You will receive a printed copy of your exam results immediately after completing your CBT exam. This will include pass/fail status and a proficiency level by domain (Proficient, Moderately Proficient, Below Proficient).
For complete details regarding the PMP eligibility requirements and the PMP exam, please review the PMP® Handbook.